Important information for all patients
Due to the Coronavirus we are only able to refer patients to hospital if they have life or limb threating condition. Do NOT contact the surgery with the expectation of an onward referral to hospital. Patients will be informed by the hospital if any changes to pre-booked appointments (via phone until April and via letter thereafter). Patients should continue to attend unless told otherwise. Please be advised that your GP surgery is still open for telephone consultation
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
• you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
• your condition gets worse
• your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
If you have to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer please click here.
You can complete a self isolation note here
Due to the Coronavirus situation and for your own protection, we are changing our procedures.
- Changes to Appointments
You will still be directed to the most appropriate source of help, but any face to face appointments will now be changed to telephone appointments in the first instance. Video and online consultations will be made available soon.
All online bookings are now for telephone appointments only.
Face to face consultations will be arranged only if essential and only after a telephone consultation with a GP or nurse practitioner. We have made special arrangements for babies and young children to continue their vaccination schedules so please contact us as usual for this.
- Reducing the spread of Infection
In order to prevent spread of infection particularly to vulnerable people, we are taking steps to minimise footfall within this building.
Please do not come to the surgery. Unless you have been asked to do so following a telephone appointment.
- Prescriptions will be sent directly to pharmacists for collection
- Any forms or letters will be posted to you.
- We will not be booking appointments at reception, but we will be increasing phone and online access to book appointments
- Patients who have been asked to come for an appointment may wait in their car, or outside (weather permitting) and wait to be called on their mobile phone to enter the building. This is to minimise people congregating in the waiting areas. If you do need to wait in our waiting room, please observe the signs and stay in the designated waiting areas and please maintain as much distance between you and other patients as possible.
We are working very hard to ensure we keep providing you with a safe service during this challenging situation. We realise this is a difficult time for everyone. Please click here for some general advice if you are feeling anxious. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799 We thank you for your support and cooperation.