Sutherland Lodge Surgery is currently rated ‘Good’ by the CQC. In their most recent report they said:
We rated the practice as good for providing safe, effective, responsive and well-led services because:
- The practice had clear systems and processes to keep patients safe.
- The practice had appropriate systems in place for the safe management of medicines.
- The practice learnt and made improvements when things went wrong.
- Staff had the skills, knowledge and experience to carry out their roles.
- Unverified performance data showed that the practice performance in the year 2018-2019 had improved from the year 2017-2018.
- The practice had clear and effective processes for managing risks, issues and performance.
- Staff dealt with patients with kindness and respect.
- The practice acted upon appropriate and accurate information.
- Leaders showed that they had the capacity and skills to deliver high quality, sustainable care.
- The practice culture supported high quality sustainable care.
- We saw evidence of systems and processes for learning, continuous improvement and innovation.
The areas where the provider should make improvements are:
- Review the national GP patient survey data and take steps to improve patient satisfaction, as highlighted by data in the caring domain.
- Review performance around inadequate cervical screening results and consider how to improve uptake of this screening.
- Continue to monitor and review the level of antibacterial prescribing.
- Review the way that informal complaints are categorised and managed to ensure that they receive the same attention as formal complaints.
- Continue to improve patient satisfaction with telephone access to the practice.
We are continuing to make changes to address the areas where the CQC suggested we should make improvements. In 2020 we have carried out a record number of smear tests for our surgery and introduced new methods of monitoring all results. We are using a pharmacist to help improve our prescribing of antibiotics. All complaints are logged and responded to in an appropriate time frame. Telephone access is currently being improved, there are more details about this here.